Cultural Awareness Training - February Edition
Join Vicsport and Victorian Aboriginal Community Services Association Ltd. (VACSAL) for this professional development opportunity.
Vicsport is thrilled to be partnering with VACSAL to bring the Victorian sports industry this important educational opportunity designed to increase sports administrators knowledge and confidence in providing culturally safe and respectful opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
VACSAL’s Cultural Awareness training is interactive and provides opportunities for interaction, knowledge and discussion points about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.
The facilitators look at a number of models of cultural bias and the participant’s current knowledge of Aboriginal people. It covers issues such as:
- Social Values
- Cultural Assumptions and where they come from
- Media portrayals
- Fear and its effect on Cultural interaction
- Identify urban & rural lifestyles of Community
- White Australia has a Black history
- Demographic data both urban and rural
- Cultural, Kinship and value systems
- Racism, Stereotypes & Ethnocentrism.
Time: 9:30am - 1:00pm
Date: Thursday 22 February 2024
Location: Zoom (a link will be sent 24hr prior)
- This education session will not be recorded.
- Spots are limited to 2-3 people per organisation.
- Note: this is a duplicate session to the ones held in October and November 2023 as well as April 2024. Please do not register if you have registered for those sessions.
Contact: Michaela Cook via email@example.com
Register for this event
|Thu Feb 22 2024, 9:30am — Thu Feb 22 2024, 1:00pm|
Event registration - Member - Free (Member: Free)
Event registration - Non-Member - $25.00 (Member: $25.00)