Cultural Safety for Child Safe Sport
Join Vicsport, the Koorie Heritage Trust and VACSAL to learn about new aspects of the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
New Child Safe Standards to strengthen child safety commence in Victoria on 1 July 2022. Within the 11 new Standards there are four key areas of difference:
- For a greater focus on cultural safety for Aboriginal children and young people
- To involve families and communities in organisations’ efforts to keep children and young people safe
- To manage the risk of child abuse in online environments
- In relation to governance, systems and processes to keep children and young people safe
This one-hour webinar will focus on cultural safety of Aboriginal Children and Young people, what this means and looks like. Presenters will provide guidance, insights, real life stories and practical strategies for how sporting organisations can create safe, including culturally safe, environments for Aboriginal Children and Young People.
- This webinar is open to sport and recreation organisations. Please share across your networks.
- Captioning will be available for this online webinar.
Date: Wednesday, 13 July 2022
Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm
Location: Zoom Webinar (a link will be sent prior 24hrs prior to the event)
Contact: Michaela Cook (Participation & Inclusion Manager)
Register for this event
|Wed Jul 13 2022, 11:00am — Wed Jul 13 2022, 12:00pm|
Event Registration - $0.00 (Member: Free)