Nominations Open for 2023 VSAs
The State Government of Victoria and Vicsport are excited to announce nominations for the 2023 Victorian Sport Awards (VSAs) are now open!
Each year, the VSAs honours those who have made an exceptional contribution to sport across the state as an individual athlete or as a team as well as coaches, administrators, volunteers, local governments and media from metropolitan and regional areas in Victoria.
Acknowledging achievements for the 2023 calendar year from those at a grassroots level all the way up to the professional athletes who starred on the national and international, 18 categories are open for nominations by the Victorian sporting community this year.
“Alongside the State Government of Victoria, Vicsport is delighted to once again recognise and celebrate the incredible achievements of our state’s sport and recreation community at the Victorian Sport Awards,” said Vicsport Chair, Ritchie Hinton.
“The premier event on the Victorian sporting calendar, it is a special night where we have the opportunity to honour the grassroots heroes who keep our sport and recreation sector thriving as well as the professional athletes who starred on the world stage in 2023 such as the Matildas, Diamonds and Australian men’s cricket team.
“I urge all Victorians to submit their nominations to ensure their sport is well represented on the night.”
Eligibility criteria and the voting system for the Awards can be found here while the list of Awards are detailed below. Be sure to generate nominations from all levels within your sport with the process open to everyone and when posting on social media, use the hashtag #VSAs.
Submitting a nomination is an easy process and is completed all online.
List of 2023 Victorian Sport Awards:
- Leasexpress Coach of the Year
- Gallagher Community Coach of the Year
- Sports Accounting Australia Official of the Year
- etrainu Community Official of the Year
- AFL SportsReady Young Team of the Year
- AED Authority Team of the Year
- My Sport Live Community Sporting Event of the Year
- Love the Game Community Sporting Club of the Year
- Sports Administrator of the Year - Eunice Gill Award
- Bunnings Trade Local Government Initiative of the Year
- VAILO Volunteer of the Year
- VicHealth Sport and Active Recreation Initiative of the Year
- Involve Masters Athlete of the Year
- rebel Young Athlete of the Year
- Outstanding Media Coverage of Sport Award
- Polytan Peter Norman Inclusion Award
- Frank Wilkes Award
- Kitty McEwan Award
- Victorian State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport
Nominations for all awards close 1 March 2024.