COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update and Links
Vicsport is monitoring the situation regarding coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and its impact on sporting clubs and sporting events.
The information below may help in communicating with sporting clubs and members.
- The latest updates from Sport and Recreation Victoria can be found here.
- Links to the latest COVID-19 information and resources are available from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) here.
- Sport Australia has provided guidelines for community sport here.
- It is worth taking note of the advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) for COVID-19 as well as the upcoming flu season here.
- This link from the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) regards travelling for sport events.
- The Victorian Multicultural Commission has published language translated information, including factsheets and promotional materials, here.
- Additional information on future travel plans can be accessed from Smarttraveller here.
BUSINESS SUPPORT PACKAGES
- Register for the coronavirus business support fund at Business Victoria and find advice, updates and support to help your workplace plan and respond to COVID-19 here.
- Find information about cash flow assistance for businesses here. And an inbuilt calculator can assist with estimating the cash flow booster payment ($20-$100K) here.
- Below is information from Sports Accounting Australia regarding funding to help businesses keep their employees and you can find more information via the PDF here.
Victorian Business Support Fund – one off $10,000 payment
1. Have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in the Australian State of Victoria on 16 March 2020
2. Hold an Australian ABN
3. Been subject to closure or highly impacted by Non Essential Activity Directions (View List)
4. Employ staff
5. Expect payroll to be less than $650,000 for FY19/20 (Jul 2019- June 2020)
Note: You will need a copy of your recent BAS submission, when lodging this application.
Cash flow boost for small and medium businesses
Cash flow support between $20,000 - $100,000 for eligible small and medium-sized businesses, and not-for-profits (NFPs) that employ staff and hold an Australian ABN as of 12 March 2020.
Payments will be delivered as credits through your ATO Statement account.
Eligible businesses do not need to apply (more information).
And an inbuilt calculator can assist with estimating the cash flow booster payment here.
Payroll Tax Relief
Victorian Businesses with annual taxable wages between $650,000 to $3 million will have their payroll tax for the 2019-20 financial year waived.
Eligible businesses must continue to lodge returns but do not need to make further payments for this financial year.
The State Revenue Office will directly contact eligible businesses in relation to reimbursement for payroll tax already paid in the financial year.
These businesses can also defer paying payroll tax for the first quarter of the 2020-21 financial year.
The Government have released more funding to help businesses keep their employees. In summary, the payment is $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight for each employee (FT, PT and Casual).
Note: This funding is still yet to pass legislation, so further clarification is still pending.
1. Your Business turnover needs to have reduced by more than 30% compared to the same period 12 months ago
2. Employee must have started work no later than 1st March 2020
3. Employee is FT, PT or Casual ( must have been employed for at least 12 months on a regular basis)
4. Employee is over 16yrs of age
5. Employee is an Australian Citizen or holds a permanent visa
6. Employee is not already receiving Job Keeper payments from another employer
1. Employees who are eligible will receive $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight
2. For employees who will receive this payment, but are not actually working for you then NO SUPER is payable on this
3. For employees who are still working and just need to be topped up to the $1,500, then you only pay super on the portion of paid work they have done
4. Employees who earn more than $1,500 per fortnight, then no additional payment is required to be made to them, this $1,500 is to help you subsidise their cost.
Payments are expected to be made from the 1st week of May 2020. If you feel you are eligible for this funding, please click here on the below link to register your interest.
If you have further questions on the above, contact Nataleigh Gleeson from Sports Accounting Australia. email@example.com
0422 677 531
- Victorian sporting associations and clubs are discovering new ways to remain active and healthy while COVID-19 shuts down competition. Find a list here and tag Vicsport on social media if your sport or club is thinking outside the box to keep participants engaged.
- Our partners, HR Advice Online, have provided an update for us to pass on to you, our members, in relation to managing COVID-19 from an employer perspective here.
The information provided is general in nature; should you wish to receive specific advice for your business, please contact HR Advice Online at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 720 004.
- Lander and Rogers have created a fact sheet for sports to follow when preparing for AGM's here.
- Sports Accounting Australia has put together a fact sheet to help sports understand what funding might be available to them in the light of COVID-19 here.
- Use this checklist to ensure you have correct OH&S guidelines set up for working from home.
- Triathlon Victoria have put together a home office self-assessment checklist here and a working remotely checklist here.
- If you can't get together for a presentation or awards night, My Sport Live has you covered with their high-quality live-streaming and video content team ready to assist.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to call the Vicsport office on 9698 8100 or email on email@example.com