Safer Sport Training Courses - February 2019
Safer Sport Training Courses
Level 1 Sports Trainer – 1-day course
Saturday 16th February8.30am – 5.00pmSports House Victoria
Sunday 17th February8.30am – 5.00pmSports House Victoria
Allied Health Level 1 Sports Trainer – 1-day course
Friday 22nd February8.30am – 5.00pmSports House Victoria
Sports Trainer Re-Accreditations
Monday 4th February6.00pm – 10.00pmSports House Victoria
Monday 18th February6.00pm – 10.00pmSports House Victoria
Registration & Payment: Please visit sma.org.au to register and pay online and see more upcoming courses.
Further information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9674 8777
State Manager, SMA Victoria
Sports Medicine Australia
Tel: 03 9674 8708
Mob: 0447 357 242
In 1983, Sports Medicine Australia developed the Safer Sport Program (SSP). The SSP was developed to:
- Create a safe playing field in which all Australians can actively and freely participate
- Encourage sport and physical activity
- Educate community members about healthy lifestyle choices and the associated benefits that physical activity and sport play in reducing lifestyle diseases.
The SSP achieves this by providing courses for all people involved or interested in becoming Sports Trainers, with a distinct emphasis on gaining practical skills such as sports injury prevention, immediate injury management and crisis management techniques, as well as also playing a key role in promoting healthy and safe sport and physical activity.
Sports Trainers graduating from the SSP gain skills that enable them to act as a community sports club volunteers or at a higher level. The Sports Trainer provides a crucial link between the coach, player and health professional. The training programs draw on the expertise of Sports Medicine Australia’s professional members and topics include:
- Implementing appropriate injury prevention protocols
- Preparing players for competition
- Concussion recognition and management
- Nutrition and hydration
- Drugs in sport
- Immediate management of injuries and crisis management of severe injuries
- Return to play principles.
Courses and Training
Sports Medicine Australia offers the following industry recognised training courses for Sports Trainers and community sports club volunteers: